Biltmore Hotel Reservations
Miami is easily accessible from most geographic locations, with two large international airports (Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale Airport) located within driving distance to several major attractions, hotels, and popular neighborhoods. Miami International Airport is walking distance from the Metrorail, which has stops in central city locations (i.e. Downtown Miami, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Overtown, and the Government Center). There is a University of Miami stop on the Metrorail for those wishing to commute by public transportation, and cabs and shuttles are also readily available at the airport for reasonable rates. The city of Coral Gables has its own trolley service while the University of Miami also provides free shuttle transportation around its campus.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Coral Gables), 1105 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Downtown Miami), 400 SE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33131
- Miami Airport (16 companies), 2100 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33142
- University of Miami Lowe Art Museum
- Port of Miami
- Bass Museum of Art
- Coral Gables Museum
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
- Wolfsonian Art Museum
- Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM)
- Venetian Pool
- Wynwood Art District
- Miami Museum of Science
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- The Kampong
- Holocaust Memorial
- Everglades National Park
- Miami Beach Art Deco District and South Beach
- Matheson Hammock Park
- Stonewall National Museum & Archives
- Centro Cultural Espanol
- Olympia Theater
- Little Haiti Cultural Center
Getting from Coral Gables to Orlando for ALA
Orlando is short 1 hour flight from both Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale Airport.
Amtrak runs between Miami and Orlando and takes about 5 hours and 30 minutes. The Miami Amtrak station is accessible via the Metrorail
If you plan on driving, allow approximately 4 hours to travel from Coral Gables to Orlando. Rental cars are available in Coral Gables and at Miami International Airport. Hertz rental car pickup is available at the Biltmore Hotel.
Megabus and Greyhound run several daily trips between Miami and Orlando. Bus trips average 5-7 hours in length.